Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fun in the Wool N Fluff!


All that clean wool! I LOVE this part!
Actually, I have found that I really like to wash wool. I'm weird, I know. I like the smell of wet wool. I'm a bagpiper too, so, the kilt must have something to do with it! ;)








I usually pull out a section from the laundry bag, pull, tease, pick the locks just a little, and try to set them out evenly, with enough space to air out while drying. I try to keep the sections of wool together. I'm not sure why though. I know that parts of a fleece are softer and so forth, but I'm really not trying to keep an 'area' together. I guess I just want all the locks to stay with their 'neighbors'...hahaha!





See...the little locks are there...pulled a little...all nicely clean and fresh! Each fleece is different. Each type of wool is different. I have an adventure awaiting me each time I wash a fleece.
This one, by the way, is a 3/4 merino, Melody.










Gently...pull and fluff...
I am in my own world while I do this part.
Nothing can disturb me when I am this involved with the clean wool.

No comments: