Friday, July 21, 2006

Have Suds, Add Fluff

As the hot water fills and the soap bubbles rise, add the laundry bags of wool to the front side of the washer. Do not let the waterfall of water flow over the wool bags...the wool may felt if agitated by the movement of the water.










I add another one to the front, as the water rises and the soap bubbles increase...











As the water reaches the top, I add more wool bags. Once the water stops flowing, I add all the bags, one at a time...just gently submerging them into the hot water bath.










Leave the washer cover up...the laundry bags of wool are just soaking in the hot soapy water...they aren't going to be 'jiggled' and 'swished' in the washer.

I let it sit this way for...oh, I don't know, maybe 20 minutes or so. I don't let the water cool off too much. If the water cools, the oil that you are trying to wash out will redeposit on the wool.

While I'm waiting, I peel off my gloves and wash my hands with lots of soap and water!

No comments: